Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I will not write about politics, I will not write about politics, I will not...

I thought I’d blog about the federal budget today, but as I wrote yesterday, I’m feeling so disappointed and frustrated with politics and our so-called democracy right now that I really don’t want to spend any more time wading through inflammatory political rhetoric.

So if not politics, what to say?

I guess I could discuss concerns that my cat may be ill – suggested by red ears and wheezing when he sleeps (which he does a great deal of the time). But then I’d have to admit how I am such a bad pet owner since I tend to avoid vets unless it is absolutely necessary. The cats got their vaccinations and neutering when they were kittens, but since then we haven’t exactly been developing a close relationship with the local animal clinic.

Ah, but to blog about pets... I don’t think it has quite come to that.
I could write about how my little girl was inexplicably distraught a few times today – and how distressing I find it to see her cry so hard and not know how to help. Sometimes a cuddle and a song make the tears go away, but sometimes she just cries harder.

But really, there isn’t much more to say about that.

Should I describe the hesitant spring we are having this year? After a rather indifferent winter – not much snow, no horrible cold spells – and were steadily warming into spring. Then winter suddenly woke up and realized he’d been dozing on the job. In the past couple weeks we had dumpings of heavy snow, sleet and rain. On the first day of spring I drove home in practically white-out conditions.

Talking about the weather? I bore even myself.

So I find my mind wandering back to politics. The government is likely to be dissolved this week, but this was not soon enough to stop Royal Assent on 10 bills today – three of which will directly increase prison populations (Bill S-6, Bill C-21 and Bill C-48). This, in turn, only furthers the likelihood that billions of tax dollars will be spent to build and fill prisons.

So now I’m thinking of politics again. Should have stuck with the pet story.

No comments:

Post a Comment