Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drafting a bucket list: part I

Lately I’ve been seeing references to ‘bucket lists’ – an odd term that I guess means the things you’d like to do before you ‘kick the bucket’. And seeing as today is one of those days when I can’t think of what to blog about, I thought I’d pick up on this bucket idea and start drafting my own bucket list.

Suggestions and the sharing of your own such lists are very welcome.

So, in random order, here is a third of my list of 100 things I would like to do before ‘kicking the bucket’:

1) Write the ‘letter of the day’ to CBC’s Q.
2) Forget letter, I mean, write and publish a book – or preferably several books
3) Write a children’s book – I'd like to illustrate it too, but that might be asking too much
4) Be interviewed on the radio (this has already happened, but I’d like it to happen again – does that count?)
5) Break a Guinness World Record (I have already made one attempt)
6) Attend an Ayurvedic or yoga retreat in India
7) Attend a silent retreat
8) Learn Reiki (and convince V that it works)
9) Get an honorary degree
10) Make a quilt
11) Join a Habitat for Humanity build
12) Ride in a hot air balloon
13) Ride a gondola in Venice
14) Walk in a rainforest
15) Visit Mayan and/or Aztec ruins
16) See the Great Pyramids in Egypt
17) See the Acropolis in Greece
18) Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
19) Visit Stonehenge, England
20) Visit the Grand Canyon, US
21) Visit Angkor Wat, Cambodia
22) Visit Victoria Falls, Zambia and/or Zimbabwe
23) See giraffes in the wild
24) Take my daughter to see penguins in the wild
25) Ride the Trans-Siberian Railway
26) Drive the Alaskan Highway
27) Stay in an ice hotel overnight
28) Hike the West-Coast Trail in BC
29) Follow, by foot, old pilgrimage trails in Italy
30) Walk on the Great Wall of China
31) Hike in Scotland
32) Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim Museum in New York
33) See Big Ben and visit the Tate Gallery in London

No comments:

Post a Comment