Tuesday, August 09, 2011

100 Random Questions (vii)

46. Who was the last person you ate dinner with?
V was out playing ultimate tonight, so I ate an early dinner with Miya.

47. Is the glass half empty or half full?
My glass of wine is half empty, but my water glass half full.

48. What's the farthest-away place you've been?
Farthest from where? From where I am right now? I checked on a site and Ottawa to Kathmandu, Nepal is 11,650 km, to Christchurch, New Zealand is 14,747 and to Sydney, Australia is 15,852. So I guess Sydney wins.

49. When's the last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Yesterday V brought in two purple cherry tomatoes from the garden, but he and Miya gobbled them up. I think the last one I ate was about a week ago. We have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine right now, so I’ll have plenty of opportunities soon.

50. Have you ever won a trophy?
In high school my basketball team won every tournament we played in during my senior year, and we took home the provincial gold for our level. That was by far the most successful team I’ve ever been on.

51. Are you a good cook?
I consider myself a competent cook. I can prepare healthy meals quickly, but am not one for carefully prepared, gastronomically-advanced dishes – I leave that to V.

52. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
What sort of woman do you take me for? I pull up to a pump, climb daintily out of the car in my high heels and short skirt, and start pouting. If necessary, I will cry a little. Eventually someone will take pity on me and fill my gas tank while I watch admiringly and buff my nails.

53. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be?
Didn’t we do this one already? Oh yeah, that was lunch.

Well, now that I’ve had lunch with Leonard Cohen, I suppose I would like to meet with Margaret Laurence, my favourite female author.

54. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school?
Not unless you count sports uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment